Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Being Positive and stuff


First off, I do not take happy pills. Not that there's anything wrong with that but that is not why I am usually in a good mood. I have had people assume that I take drugs because I am positive and happy. I guess I was just born that way.

I cannot stand people who feel sorry for me. There are a lot more people way worse off than I am. Of course there are days I feel sorry for myself. And those are days I do not like. Feeling sorry for yourself is the worst possible attitude you can have. It gets you nowhere. The only thing you attract is more pity. I have seen enough stuff in my life and been through enough stuff in my life to know what works and what doesn't. Negativity and self-loathing never works. Just remember, your worst day is probably someone's best day…


Like I said before being positive isn't always easy. I know some people that wake up in the morning and must think to themselves, "What am I going to be pissed about today?" That has to be a crappy way to go through life. Take a look around, I bet you know a couple of these people. I am not trying to say that every day is balloons and lollipops for me but every day isn't the end of the world either. Some days I wake up and think how in the hell do I do it. But then I kick myself in my ass and trudge forward.


It might seem like I have all my stuff together but some days holy shinto… I don't have those holy shinto days very often but when I do it sucks. When I do have one of those days it is usually because I cannot do something I want to do. It usually has to do with something physical that is impossible for me to do. These things usually don't bother me but like I said some days suck.

One thing that really gets me down some days is when I cannot help people way I want to. Especially when I have friends in need who could use help doing a project, building something, repairing something or help with something that requires muscle. I used to be good at that stuff. I also enjoyed doing it.


Another thing that helps being positive is just knowing some people. Sometimes just knowing a particular person makes you want to raise the bar higher. Knowing them makes you happy and positive. You know who you are…

(Took this pic on the way to McLeod. Got home at 4:30 AM. Good times.)

If there is one thing I cannot stand, it is when people complain about mundane and tedious stuff. Next time you complain about doing something dull like cleaning the house or doing a chore, remember there are people out there that would love to be able to do some of your monotonous stuff.

I did not write this to make people feel sorry for me. I did not write this to have a pity party. If that is what you took out of this, you did it wrong.

Thanks for reading, Clint


No comments:

Post a Comment