Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Dreams and stuff


Dreams are crazy thing. Some people think they have meaning and others do not. I do not know which way to think but this is how my dreams work.

I rarely dream. Or I rarely remember what I was dreaming about. But when I do remember it is usually not a good dream. You would think dreams would be something "dreamy." Not so much for me.

When I dream I would say pretty much 100% of the time I am not able bodied in the dream. Meaning, I am not running around the base paths. I am not hiking through the mountains. In my dreams I am not in a wheelchair either. In my dreams I am pretty much like a blob on the floor with two arms and a head sticking out. Weird stuff. The only way I move is if people grab me by the hand and drag me around. It is crazy and not very pleasant when I remember my dreams. I would much rather wake up oblivious to what has been streaming through my mind all night.

A lot of people who are paralyzed have similar dreams like this. It is crazy to read about other people's dreams and what they go through in those dreams. Sometimes they are not in a wheelchair. Sometimes they are in a wheelchair. Rarely they are like my dreams and get dragged around. In a small percentage, they are able bodied in their dreams. I have not found any explanation for these types of dreams. I imagine there is no explanation that can be scientifically proven.

I don't know if I want to dream that I am running and walking around only to wake up and realize that it was just a dream…

It is crazy how the brain works.

Another thing that is weird is when I think about myself going down a hall or down the driveway in my wheelchair, in my mind I picture myself walking. I do not picture myself in a wheelchair. Like if I am with a bunch of people and everybody is standing around, in my mind I picture myself like everyone else.

I know the wheelchair does not make the person. The person makes the person. But sometimes it is not very confirming at what the brain thinks of and perceives as real.


Thanks for reading, Clint


No comments:

Post a Comment