Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Things I have heard about stuff


Sometimes I experience things that are not so nice. This first story is a doozy.

I was with family and friends at Paradiso in Fargo. As we were going to our seats we went through the bar in Paradiso and I heard this one guy say, "Look at this guy, he is lazy!" I didn't say anything right away, I don't know why I didn't. But as we moved away I asked my buddy, "Did you hear that?" He heard it and I had to do everything to not get him to turn around and beat the living snot out of that twat waffle. If it ever happens again I am going to take the reins off whoever I am with so they can throat punch some sense into the next shartstain.

Sometimes adults can be real douche canoes. I tend to notice that more adults stare at someone in a wheelchair more than children do. Sometimes when I am with friends they notice people staring. They usually ask, "Doesn't that bother you?" Most of the time staring doesn't bother me because I know they are just curious. If it is a kid I just let it slide. If it is an adult then it is another ballgame. Sometimes I like to stare right back at them until they are uncomfortable. Other times I come up with some smart ass comment and that usually deters them from staring again.

Here's a story that takes the cake. I was sitting in the van of course in my wheelchair, outside of the grocery store in a handicap parking spot. An old lady comes driving by staring at me. She drives around and comes back again. This time she gets out of her vehicle grabs her handicap placard signed thingamajig over car and starts waving it at me. I am just sitting in my wheelchair and my shaggin wagon shaking my head wondering what medication is old lady is on. Pretty soon she marches into the grocery store and comes out with the manager. He has a pen and paper in hand and is about to write down my license plate when he notices that it is a handicap license plate. He then notices me in the vehicle and mouths the words, I am sorry. The old lady still did not get it. Geesh…


I don't like using handicap parking spots. I really don't care if I have to park a mile away. I have an electric wheelchair that goes 13.5 mph. Depending on whose radar gun I am using. Sometimes I wonder how many people who use those spots really have some type of disability, permanent or not permanent.

Next time you are somewhere and there are a lot of handicap spots, pay attention to the people that hop out of their vehicles and run into whatever event is going on. I am pretty sure most of the people with those placards steal them from their grandma.

I have actually been told this, "I bet you're in that chair just for the parking." Yeah you jack wagon, it is well worth it not being able to walk just to get a better parking spot.


Anyway, these are just a couple things that grinds my gears. There are more but this is good enough for now.


Thanks for reading, Clint

No comments:

Post a Comment