Total Pageviews

Friday, February 12, 2021

Earning it and stuff.

 

I have gotten a second chance. I have tried to earn it. I know I have failed in doing that sometimes but every day I want to try and earn it. I have made mistakes. But I try to minimize them. I try not to suck but sometimes the suck just happens. Earning it is hard. Sometimes it is easy earning it but when I think of the second chance that I have gotten, that second chance makes me want to do more.

Every day and every week and every month and every year I hope to earn it a little more. More than the day before. Waking up saying to yourself that you are going to earn it makes that day go a lot better. Of course there are days that you just don't give a crap but I try to limit days like those.

By earning it every day I don't mean doing big things, I mean the little everyday things. It could be as simple as telling someone thanks or that you appreciate them. Even if it is just putting a smile on someone's face. To me that is earning that day. It is worth it.

The other side of earning it is the regrets of life. The stuff and things you should have done. The stuff and things you should not have done. I have had some big regrets. Those types of regrets when you wish you could take back a certain day or even a certain conversation. Those really suck. But by earning that day or moment back, hopefully you can reverse that regret. Hopefully by the end of the day, week, month and year you have less regret and feel like you have earned it.

You need to do it for yourself. Sometimes it is good to be selfish. It's good to be selfish when you are earning it. The best way you can earn it is by helping others. But once you take care of you, you can take care of others. You need to earn it for yourself.

Thanks for reading, Clint.



No comments:

Post a Comment