Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Rediscovering myself and stuff.


Some people are lucky to find out what they are good at. Some people never find that out. Some people find it and it gets taken away. It sucks finding something new you are good at. But if you can rediscover yourself it might be better than the first you.


Before my injury I used to play piano. I wasn't very good but I didn't suck. I love everything about music and all kinds. After my injury music is sometimes the only thing that helps. I bought a harmonica and one of those braces that will let me use it without my hands. Now I need to learn, again.

Before my injury I used to play a lot of baseball. I watched a lot of baseball. After my injury I became a coach. It's scary to think I was in charge of 13-15-year-olds. But they learned stuff and things, plus some baseball.

Before my injury I used to do a lot of teenage things. You know the stuff. Some good and some not so good. After my injury I still like shenanigans. Some good and some really not so good.

Before my injury I wasn't in choir. After my injury I sing karaoke, in front of people. What's that all about? I was even on the karaoke circuit for a while. It doesn't pay well.

Before my injury I used to help around the farm doing a little bit of everything. I helped at our home place and my uncles places. After my injury I like to help out where I can. It is miniscule. I would like to do more.

Before my injury I was shy. After my injury Morgan has taking care of that affliction.


Before my injury I used to like to cook and eat. I wasn't a grand master chef but I could get the job done and it tasted not sucky. After my injury I still like to eat but now it is a different experience. I like going out to new restaurants and trying different flavors. I like looking at recipes and stuff.

Before my injury I would have never gone to college. After my injury I graduated from North Dakota State University. I still can't believe I did it. Geesh.

Before my injury I didn't know a lot of people. After my injury I know a lot of awesome people.


Before my injury I didn't do that much hunting. I only did one season with rifle and bow for whitetail, plus one season of upland game.  After my injury hunting has taken me to a lot of great places and taught me a lot of valuable stuff and things. I probably go hunting more than the average able-bodied person. That doesn't suck.


Before my injury I liked to fish. Although I didn't fish that much. After my injury I love to fish. I will fish anywhere for anything at any time.

Before my injury and after my injury is not the same, but it's kind of not different either… There is another Clintism for you.

Thanks for reading, Clint.


No comments:

Post a Comment