Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Accommodating businesses and stuff.


I have been lucky that most of the businesses that I want to go to are wheelchair accessible. In the last couple months I have gone to a couple watering holes in my surrounding area that I could only get into by using my Roll a Ramp. It was no big deal. There were always people there willing to help unload, set up and load the ramp whenever I wheeled up.



When I first met the owners of TJ's Corral, we hit it off right away. They are entertaining. I was there probably three times before I showed them my wheelchair accessible pickup conversion. Tanya's exact words were, "Get out the front door!" Then she told me that she was working on getting a ramp built. I kind of thought it was just talk. But within the week a ramp was built. It is perfect. Jared and Tanya rock.



I first met HJ and Mary about a year ago. I believe even then HJ was talking about starting a new bar. We hung out at his place a couple times and rocked out. Over the winter the plans for their new bar started coming together. The grand opening for the Rusty Spur was on June 14. I was able to get in to the remodeled old building by using my Roll a Ramp. But HJ and Mary promised me that they would have a ramp built as soon as possible. It wasn't a couple weeks later and the ramp was built. Talk about accommodating. Every time I have been there it has been a good time.

As my friend Gwen said, "Clint, you are making the world ADA compliant one bar at a time. Awesome!"

I can't thank all of these awesome people and their businesses enough for what they have done for not only me but the whole wheelchair/handicapped community. Barriers suck. But because of you guys a couple barriers have been removed. You all don't suck.

Thanks for reading, Clint.

No comments:

Post a Comment