Total Pageviews

Monday, August 12, 2019

Skull Mount from Montana.


About a year ago my buddy Robbie from Montana told me he wanted to make me a deer mount thingamajig that holds European deer skulls. I told him it wasn't necessary but we went back and forth, back and forth and finally I decided that I would let him make one for me.


He does absolutely great work with old scrap wood. Besides these mounts he also makes pedestal mounts, turkey wall mount plaques plus a lot of other outdoorsy stuff and things that make memories look good on the wall.


I knew I would love what he was going to make for me but I also knew that he had a lot on his plate. He is a very busy guy. He has a beautiful wife, three children, he is a lineman for an electric company in Northwest Montana and he also hunts too much. But he was determined to make me something and it didn't take him long. Once he got started he was sending me pics about every 3 1/2 minutes of the different steps through his process of making one of these mounts. He is neat.


Most of the stuff he makes is made out of old wood. In fact the mount he made for me is made out of compressed scrap pieces of plywood. You would never guess it by looking at it.


I believe I got the package in early June. I wish I would've taken a picture of the packing material he had. I giggled hard. The packing was old T-shirts. But the T-shirts looked like he had to use for an emergency e-dump. Or maybe they were just old oil rags. I am hoping the latter. Thankfully I did take a picture of the box before I opened it. Even the post office got a kick out of the names. Good grief.


As soon as I opened the package and saw what Robbie had made for me I knew exactly what deer skull was going to adorn this masterpiece of woodworking craftsmanship. It was going to be my 2018 crossbow 4 x 4 kill. He is the largest bodied deer that I have taken with any weapon. He filled the freezer and is now is going to be the centerpiece of my wall. The combination of the two was not going to suck.


I can't thank Robbie enough for making this for me. One of these days we are going to hunt stuff and things together or maybe just party in Wibaux like it's 1999. There will be no safe sheep that night.…


As you can see, my wall is getting pretty crowded. Only skinheads for me for now on… Maybe not so much.

Thanks for reading, Clint.



No comments:

Post a Comment