Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Thank you Nurses



The nurse patient relationship is unique. It can be a special bond. I don't know if it goes the same for the nurses but knowing enough of them, I assume the relationship means the same for them.

It is crazy what they'll do for a patient. The things they have to do, the things they choose to do, the things they want to do and the things they are obligated to do for a patient are way beyond what most people would do for another person. Some professions are more than a job. Being a nurse is one of them. It is a more of a calling than a job.

It's amazing what you will share with a nurse, someone you probably just met. It goes way beyond the physical stuff. It is more about the personal stuff. It's amazing what they will share with you. Sometimes I think patients become a sounding board. That is perfectly okay for what they have to put up with. I have gotten close to quite a few different nurses over the years. The conversations can get quite entertaining and sometimes eye-opening. The filters are pretty much off.

The amount of energy they put into every day taking care of their patients would be overwhelming for most. The amount of things they have to put up with would be way too much for most people. They put up with patients and their families at their worst. I can't believe what I have seen them put up with, especially from the families. And they do this every day, over and over again.

The stress dealing with patients would be hard to leave at work. It has to take a toll on their personal lives. Nurses give a lot of their personal time and a lot of their lives to helping others. The devotion to their careers is immeasurable.


I have so many examples of kindness, generosity and just pure friendship from this special relationship. There are too many examples to share in this post of the unselfishness they have shown me through the years wherever I have received their care. I could type forever.

I have the most respect for nurses and what they do. So thank a nurse next time you see one. Thanks for everything you have done for me. I am indebted to you.

Thanks for reading, Clint

PS: When I use the term nurse I mean that to encompass certified nursing assistants, nurses’ aides, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment